UlcerGard Oral Paste Syringe for Horses [.22 oz]
UlcerGard (Omeprazole - 2.28 g) Oral Paste Syringe for Horses
For the prevention of gastric ulcers in horses.
Stomach ulcers are more common in horses than once believed. Studies have demonstrated stomach ulcers in approximately 60% of performance horses, with up to 96% of horses in some disciplines during peak competition season.
ULCERGARD (omeprazole) Oral Paste works to prevent stomach ulcers in horses. The active ingredient in ULCERGARD, omeprazole has been extensively tested for safety and effectiveness. It works by reducing the production of acid in the horse's stomach. To help horses maintain optimal gastric health, it is recommended that ULCERGARD be administered during stressful events or activities that may induce stomach ulcers. Such conditions may include but are not limited to: training, racing, showing, traveling, stall confinement, limited turnout or access to forage, and competition.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
ULCERGARD (omeprazole) Oral Paste can be used in horses that weigh at least 600 lb. Safety in pregnant mares has not been determined. Not for use in humans. Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. In case of ingestion, contact a physician. for additional information, please refer to the full prescribing information.
1. Mitchell RD, Prevalence of gastric ulcers in hunter/jumper and dressage horses evaluated for poor performance, Association for Equine Sports Medicine, September 2001 2. Tamzali Y, Marguet C, Priymenko N, Lyrahzi F. Prevalence of gastric ulcer syndrome in high level endurance horses, EVJ, 2011, 43(2), 141-144
- Unique paste formulation to protect omeprazole for adequate absorption
- Reduces acid at the source
- Proven ability to prevent gastric ulcers
- Cost effective because its been proven to work
Omeprazole 2.28 g.